Millions of Americans rely on statin drugs to lower elevated blood cholesterol levels. But troublesome side effects cause as many as three-quarters of patients to stop statin treatment.
In his book, The Hidden Truth about Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs, former pharmaceutical company drug chemist Shane Ellison says the first step toward preventing heart disease is engaging in healthy lifestyle habits, not popping pills.
Ellison recommends adopting these daily habits:
- Abstain from sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Quit smokingor dont start
- Exercise moderately
- Eat more leafy, green vegetables every day
- Drink more purified water
- Limit milk consumption to moderate amounts of raw milk
- Eat walnuts, coconut oil or freshwater salmon for omega-3
- Minimize refined grains
- Lose body fat!
Start by adopting a few of these healthy hintsand you can improve your cholesterol numbers in a heartbeat!